VALOR is an HMIS program designed to provide support and resources to our employees, prospective employees, and other members of the of the community who have honored us with their military service. HMIS values the commitment and sacrifice veterans have made and recognizes that the attributes and skillsets acquired during military service are ones that could significantly benefit the Hanford Site. With these veterans in mind, the Veterans Advocacy for Learning, Opportunities and Resources, or VALOR, is an initiative that HMIS is developing and implementing from the ground up.
By partnering with nearby colleges, WorkSource Washington, and local veteran centers, HMIS is committed to providing support, information, and resources to assist veterans in the community. VALOR will provide subject matter experts and assist job-seeking veterans to help translate their military experience to civilian careers. We are here to help:
- Professional Development Coaching
- Development and Leadership Training and Resources
- Community and Region-wide Targeted Recruiting for Veteran Talent
- Resume Reviews and Interview Skills Practice
- Veteran-to-Veteran Networking
- Coaching and Work/Life Balance
- Recognition Initiatives and Employee Highlights
- Dedicated Webpage for Resources and Events Information
- Executive Leadership Engagement and Support
RÉSUMÉ REVIEW: As part of our VALOR Program, HMIS recently hosted a Résumé and Interview Skills Workshop at WSU Tri-Cities. Veterans and family members looking for work or interested in changing careers were able to meet with staffing specialists to get tips on putting together a strong résumé and developing solid interview skills.